17-17 Route 208 North, Suite 340
Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410
PO Box 540
Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410
T. (201) 871-0044
F. (201) 871-1197
Since 1992, AMS, a division of Windham Professionals, Inc. has delivered professional, highly effective results for clients on a worldwide basis. As a leader in Commercial Accounts Receivable Management, AMS provides traditional Third Party Debt Collection and Outsourcing Customer Service Representation, where we act as an extension of your Accounts Receivable Department. Our partnership approach, rapid collection and ability to preserve relationships form the cornerstone of our commitment to excellence.
©2022 AMS Collections - All rights reserved | privacy statement
California consumers: please see “California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Policy”, below for a description of our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information of California consumers and rights under the CCPA.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
We operate this website to provide information to visitors, consumers, and customers about us and our services, solutions, and other information. As a customer, you may use our website to access accounts placed with us; as a consumer, you may use our website to access your account. We are committed to protecting your privacy online.
We are committed to abide by the principles of consumer privacy, including those found in the CCPA, and the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These include concepts of privacy by design, the right to be forgotten, consent, and a risk-based approach.
A. Information We Collect Through Our Various Business Activities
Such information may include, without limitation, contact information, such as your name, address, email, phone number, or other information that identifies you; financial information, such as credit or debit card numbers, bank account numbers, and billing addresses; usernames, passwords, or similar security information provided when you access your account and job application information, such as your resume, references, and other information you provide to us during the application process. Depending on what services you seek, some information may be mandatory to utilize certain services. You may choose to not provide mandatory information required for certain services, and in such event, you will not be allowed to utilize those services.
B. How We Use Information Collected
We use your information mainly to operate our business, provide you with our services, and communicate with you. We use your information:
To provide you with our services, such as carrying out transactions, processing payments, monitoring and securing our websites and services, and detecting and preventing fraud;
To provide you with customer service, such as addressing and resolving questions, concerns, requests, or disputes;
For communications, such as sending you emails, text messages, or phone calls relating to our services that we believe may interest you, or positions available for job applications, except that we will not communicate with a consumer if doing so is prohibited by applicable law such as the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, or similar State laws; and
For human resources purposes, such as evaluating your job application.
Some of our services will give you the opportunity to opt out or stop receiving communications from us. To stop the receipt of future communications from us, you may email us at ConsumerSolutions@windhampros.com, write to us at Windham Professional Inc., 380 Main Street, Salem, NH 030709 or call us at 1-800-394-4300.
C. Our Disclosure of Information Collected
We share your information to operate our business, provide you with our services, and communicate with you. We may share your information:
• If we sell or buy businesses or assets, or engage in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event and your information is part of the transferred assets or business units;
• With your consent.
However, data with respect to a consumer will not be communicated to a third party if doing so is prohibited by applicable law, such as the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act or similar State laws. Service providers who process data on our behalf have been identified and asked to provide details on their state of compliance with consumer privacy, the CCPA, and GDPR, and where appropriate, have agreed to new contractual terms. No service provider will be used unless we are satisfied, they meet our privacy requirements.
E. Third-Party Sites
Windham takes reasonable steps designed to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect. We have implemented various physical, electronic, and managerial measures, modeled after NIST-800 53/54, to provide your information with reasonable protection from accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration, or disclosure. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us over the Internet or via email.
G. Accessing, Updating or Correcting Information Collected
You can use this website without providing any information, but in that event, you may not be able to use certain website features, such as account access or applying for employment. You can adjust your communication preferences by using your account features or the hyperlinks sent to you via email.
If you wish to obtain a copy of the particular information provided to us, or if you become aware that any information provided is incorrect and you would like us to correct it, you may contact us at ConsumerSolutions@windhampros.com or call us at 1-800-394-4300. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us respond to your request. We will attempt to respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
I. Other Terms
You must be at least 18 years old to use the website or our services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose data about visitors or customers that are under 13 years of age. Please notify us, at either the email or postal address indicated below, if you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us through this website and we will promptly remove that information and not use it except as permitted by applicable law.
II. California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Policy (Last updated August 14, 2020)
The following describes Windham Professionals, Inc.’s (“Windham”) practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information of California consumers and the rights of California consumers regarding their personal information as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA’). California consumers with disabilities can receive a copy of this policy by calling Windham at (number) or writing to (address) or sending an email to (address)
A. Information Windham Collects, Sources of Information and Uses
Windham collects the following categories of personal information:
– information about the consumer debt placed with Windham, such as the nature, status and amount of the debt, payments made prior to placement with Windham, medical information including insurance (in the case of medical debt), “references” provided by the consumer, and to whom the debt is owed. This information is provided to Windham by its clients. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with letter vendors and with payment services providers.
– information that identifies the consumer such as name, date of birth, social security or other identifying number, military and/or professional status, education. This information is provided to Windham by its clients and may be provided to Windham by the consumer. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with data service providers such as credit reporting agencies and location information (“skip tracing”) services providers.
– consumer contact information such as postal address, phone number and email address is provided to Windham by the consumer, by our client, or by third parties such as the consumer’s employer, neighbors or persons provided to the creditor as “references”; by other persons who are obligated on the debt such as co-signers or guarantors; and by letter vendors and data service providers such as credit reporting agencies and skip trace service providers. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with skip tracing services providers, letter vendors and payment services providers.
– information about payments made on the debts after placement with Windham including amount and date and account, credit and/or debit card number, and including usernames and passwords, or similar security information, needed to utilize Windham’s payment portal. This information is provided to Windham by the consumer. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with payment services providers.
– financial information such as savings, income, expenses, taxes and family size is provided to Windham by the consumer and is not shared except as noted below.
– credit score information is provided to Windham by credit reporting agencies and is not shared except as noted below.
– information regarding consumer’s employment is provided to Windham by the consumer, by our client, or by third parties such as the consumer’s employer, neighbors or persons provided to the creditor as “references”; by other persons who are obligated on the debt such as co-signers or guarantors; and by data services providers such as credit reporting agencies and skip tracing services providers. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with skip tracing services providers.
– medical information including health insurance (in the case of medical debt placed with Windham). This information is provided to Windham by the consumer and/or our client. Subject to the limitations described below, this information may be shared with insurance carriers and client payment services providers.
This information is collected, used and disclosed by Windham only for the benefit and on behalf of Windham’s clients for the purpose of identifying, locating and contacting consumers and to assist consumers in addressing and resolving their debts and generally is shared with the client on whose behalf the information is collected. Windham does not share or use any of this information in a manner that would constitute a violation of applicable federal or State law including the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
B. Rights Under the CCPA (The following is not a complete list of all consumer rights under the CCPA).
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right
– To request disclosures regarding the collection, use, disclosure and sale of their personal information.
– To request the deletion of their personal information; however, the CCPA also provides for exceptions to compliance with such requests.
– To opt out of the sale of their personal information; however, Windham does not and will not sell any consumer personal information.
– Not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Because Windham is a service provider, all requests for disclosure or deletion with respect to personal information should be directed to the Windham client on whose behalf the information was collected.
Client identity is provided in the Windham collection notices sent to the consumer and can be provided to the consumer by emailing Windham Professionals at ConsumerSolutions@windhampros.com, write to us at Windham Professional Inc., 380 Main Street, Salem, NH 030709 or call us at 1-800-394-4300.
Requests should include information identifying the consumer and the subject account so that the request can be verified. Requests for deletion should include the information the consumer wishes to have deleted.
The CCPA requires requests to be verified by matching the consumer personal information provided in the request with information in client records, and the consumer must be notified if the request cannot be verified based on the information provided. Depending on the request and sensitivity of the information requested, multiple pieces of personal information and support may be required for verification.
California consumers can designate an authorized agent to make a request on the consumer’s behalf either by providing the agent with written permission, a copy of which is provided along with adequate information identifying the agent for verification purposes, or where the agent has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
III. Rights Under the GDPR
– The Right to Be Informed
– The Right to Access
– The Right to Rectification
– The Right to Erasure
– The Right to Restrict Processing
– The Right to Data Portability
– The Right to Object
– The Right to Avoid Automated Decision Making
Direct any inquires reading the above rights to ConsumerSolutions@windhampros.com, write to us at Windham Professional Inc., 380 Main Street, Salem, NH 030709 or call us at 1-800-394-4300.
IV. Any questions?
Windham Professionals, Inc.
380 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079